Sunday 1 May 2016

Nottingham Fashion Week Style Show Live REVIEW

Photo by Laura Patterson
Nottingham's inaugural Fashion Week concluded this weekend with catwalk Style Shows at the beautiful Old Museum building in Nottingham Conference Centre.

Showcasing Spring/Summer 2016 fashions and trends from key national High Street retailers including River Island, House of Fraser, Topshop, Next and Karen Millen, the live shows were hosted by BBC Radio 1 DJ and TV presenter, Nottingham's very own Alice Levine.

Alice Levine Photo by Laura Patterson

"I think it's a really nice showcase for Nottingham and with fifty retailers represented on the catwalk, it's so nice to see it all in motion." said Alice. "Nottingham is such a great city to shop in and Fashion Week is really celebrating what's here. Whenever I come back to Nottingham I always shop. I've always shopped in vintage and retro shops, love Hockley but also where my mum and dad are in Beeston, the charity shops are amazing, I probably shouldn't tell you, but Sue Ryder is the best!


Photo by Laura Patterson














"With fashion, I know what I like and it's hard to avoid trends if you shop on the high street, you're inadvertently picking up on things, so the vintage thing is nice, you can freshen something up with one piece and not be the same as everyone else. I really like the silhouettes from the 60s, I really like A-line shapes, the long sleeves and high necks."

Key trends on show included boho folksy prints mixed with fringing, suede, denim and ethnic jewellery, the perennially popular monochrome and nautical looks and a big colour-clash finale with hot pinks, orange and this season's must-have yellow.


You can see more photos in glorious technicolor on our Facebook page here

Photo by Laura Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!